Sunday 13 November 2011

Please Please let me get what I want...


Now I'm a huge fan of The Smiths, albeit a fan who was born a few years too late. A Smiths fan who could empty the year 11 common room by putting How Soon is Now? on the communal stereo and still used to ache whenever she listened to that track in her twenties.  A Smiths fan that bought Morrisey's solo stuff even though most of its not as good as The Smiths and Morissey is disappointingly, well, a bit of an idiot left to his own devices. A Smiths fan who turned up a Morissey gig carrying gladioli 15 years too late.

Smiths loving credentials established? Good.  I therefore feel entitled to say how amazing this John Lewis short is about a little boy getting excited about Christmas presents. 

The Boyfriend showed me this on Friday night and by the time we got to the twist at the end I had tears in my eyes. Enjoy.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment