Wednesday 7 September 2011

Glamour of the Gods

The third day of our holiday and The Boyfriend and I went to the Glamour of the Gods exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.  It's quite a small exhibition but utterly beautiful and there are some well researched anecdotes.  The grainy images and the overall aesthetic really appeal.

I couldn't help myself and bought the catalogue.  Here are some sneaky pictures.



Old Hollywood is a motif we've been toying with for the wedding next year.  It's more of an inspiration, I think, rather than a direct theme.  I know it didn't end well but I've always loved this picture of Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller on their wedding day in 1956.  Don't they look happy?


I'll say more about the wedding as our plans develop.  For now good night and god bless.

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment